JOIN OUR TEAM
Medical Revenue Cycle Billing A/R Specialist
We are looking for an experienced Medical Biller with at least 3 to 5 years experience in ophthalmology. Experience with NextGen is a plus. Credentialing experience a plus. This full-time position is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to take charge of the medical billing department.
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. Responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
- Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor, also prepares information for the collection agency.
- Performs daily backups on office computer system.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Processes payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily deposit.
- Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings.
- Conducts self in accordance with GEI’s employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Month end balance, closing and reporting.
Our excellent benefit package includes: competitive pay, health & dental insurance, STD, Life Insurance, continuing education assistance, 401 K with employer matching, and paid time off (vacation, personal, and holidays). Please send resume with salary requirements/ history to: Dtorres@gersteineye.com , or fax to 773-973-1119. Serious inquiries only. No Recruiters.