Join Our Team
Medical Receptionist / Healthcare Insurance Verification
This is an hourly paid position based on experience.
Previous medical office experience with insurance and billing is REQUIRED.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Employment Offered Full Time/ 32-35 hours per week.
- Required availability for this position is 8am-4:30pm M-F, 8am-12pm Sat.
- Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, Holidays, Personal & Sick Pay
- 6+ months of experience REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED REQUIRED
Responsibilities will include general clerical duties including but not limited to:
- Greeting patients and visitors to the Center
- Answering telephones, faxing, filing, and additional administration functions
- Scheduling patients
- Patient Registration
- Insurance verification
- Co-pay Collections
- Obtaining referrals and Authorizations
- General facility upkeep
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to interact well with other staff members, customers, field associates and businesses
- Strong customer service skills
- Efficient with computers and Electronic Medical Record software
Our busy ophthalmology practice is seeking a full-time, experienced ophthalmic assistant/technician to join our outstanding staff.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in the ophthalmology field as a technician, including refraction skills. This position requires organization, teamwork, strong communication skills, and the natural ability to be warm and compassionate to our patients.
- EMR chart documentation including histories and chief complaint
- Lensometry- manual and/or automated
- Visual Acuity Testing
- Tonometry- applanation and Tonopen
- Visual Fields
- Muscle Testing
- Pupil Exams
- Schirmer’s Tear Testing
- Ultrasound A-scan
- Accommodation evaluation
- Minimal external evaluation and slit lamp examination
- IOL Master
- Patient Instructions and education
Our practice is a state-of-the-art facility, with a pleasant working environment. Our excellent benefit package includes: competitive pay, health insurance, dental insurance, STD, Life Insurance, continuing education assistance, 401 K with employer matching, and paid time off (vacation, personal, and holidays).
Please send resume with salary requirements/ history to: